MCCCI exists to serve and promote the interests of its members and the business community generally in Malawi through the provision of value added services.
MCCCI’s vision is to be widely recognised as the leading advocate for business in Malawi and a proven catalyst of positive enhancement and change for our members.
BUSINESS FACILITATION SERVICES
MCCCI offers a number of services to its members and the entire business community. The services include the following:
- Providing business and economic information for decision making;
- Issuing certificates of origin;
- Organizing trade promotion events;
- Providing business management training;
- Representing the business community at national, regional and international fora;
- Offering business premises to small entreprises.
LOBBYING AND ADVOCACY
MCCCI carries out research and analyzes policies and regulations to identify obstacles to doing business in the country to ensure a conducive environment for private sector development. The research and analysis provides MCCCI with a basis for lobbying on issues that need to be addressed by the government. MCCCI uses a number of platforms in its lobbying and advocacy process. These include but are not limited to:
- PUBLIC PRIVATE DIALOGUE FORUM:
This is a high level forum of public and private sector representatives. It is co-chaired by Ministry of Industry and Trade and private sector members. The Forum discusses challenges faced by the business community and adopts resolutions that would ultimately improve the socio-economic, legal and regulatory environment for business operations
- BUSINESS MEETINGS:
These are held with the relevant government officials and the Parliamentary committees to discuss and resolve issues affecting the operations of businesses.
- PRESS BRIEFINGS:
MCCCI holds conferences to brief the media on private sector development issues and also comments through the media on issues of national socio-economic importance.
- NATIONAL ANNUAL BUDGET CONSULTATIONS:
MCCCI provides input into the National Annual Budget through Pre- and Post-Budget consultation.
MCCCI is a member of:
- Association of SADC Chambers of Commerce and Industry (ASCCI).
- Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) Business Council